Author Topic: Aging Bulldog  (Read 3742 times)

Offline nluoma

• Bullie Baby
  • Bullieness: 2
  • Bulldogs Rule!
Aging Bulldog
« on: April 18, 2016, 11:12:32 PM »
I have a question as this is my first time dealing with an aging dog. My buddy skeeter is alil over 9 1/2 years old and this winter he has drastically declined and is starting to slow down alot. I am wondering what is to be expected and when I should start to be concerned. At his fall vet appointment my vet commented on he being a very old bulldog and that he was well for his age certain things are to be expected. Of course he is slower moving, and his eyes are starting to cloud over, i thought he had some doggy dementia because he acts odd barking at nothing and sleeping in area's he had never before. But the last couple months he has seemed to not want to get up in the morning i have to force him to wake up to go to the bathroom, and is eating about 1/2 of what he use to and always at night. There are some days where he is like a puppy again, but more often than not he is just sorta blah i guess is a good way to put it. I try to get him for a car ride and just lays, the only excitement is when my brother brings his puppy to come visit him and that he will spend the next day or 2 sleeping so they have been visiting often. He is rarely home alone during the day or at all. I need to make an appointment for shots coming up not sure what to think looking for some guidance if things are normal or if i should get him in sooner.