Author Topic: Bentleys' "near-death" experience....  (Read 8827 times)

Offline mrmoesmommie

• Bullie Champion
  • Bullieness: 8
Re: Bentleys' "near-death" experience....
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2008, 09:34:52 AM »
 :o :o scary story! Glad every thing turned out ok  :-* :-*

Offline hoegaandit

• Bullie Champion
  • Bullieness: 18
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2008, 09:18:17 PM »
Thanks for posting this - and also making it a sticky. It just shows - bulldogs feel the temperatures quite a bit differently from us. If it gets to seventies (low eighties - as hot as it ever gets here) the humans are saying how nice the weather is, but our boy is plainly uncomfortable and seeking out the flagstones or wooden floor areas to lie on. (By the same token on a cold midwinter night of low forties, when I'm dressed in jersey and ski jacket, our boy refuses to have a coat and seems perfectly happy).

It was scary how quickly your boy deteriorated - but really good that you had a vet nearby who quickly did the right things.

Offline SHELLY005

• Bullie Baby
  • Bullieness: 1
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2008, 09:25:14 PM »
Thanks for sharing.  I am so glad that Bentley is okay. 

Offline Stellaluna

• Bullie Baby
  • Bullieness: 0
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2009, 06:45:12 PM »
Oh my gosh!  How terrible.  Thank God for your quick thinking and that Bentley is ok.   I would've been scared out my skin.  I'm a nurse too, and I've always been afraid that if it's a family member, I would just freeze.  I'm so glad everything went well for you guys.

Hugs to Bentley, and you.

Christy and Stella

Offline higgys mom

• Bullie
  • Bullieness: 3
  • Bulldogs Rule!
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2009, 07:03:14 PM »
You described what has happened to higgins twice.  Just a question is your bully over weight.   when they get that dazed look it can get really bad and they can even loose there bowl movements.

you have to learn cpr on your bully.  Its saved higgy twice.   He just couldnt get any air through his mouth.  the first time I really freaked he was swaying and weezing and i just didnt know what to do.  we jumped in the van and I was praying the hole way.  Something inmy head, i think it was and angel  told me to try breathing threw his nose for him and it snapped him out pretty quickly...    This has happend to us a couple of times.     Each time the breathing threw his nose while holding his mouth closed worked.   Im so sorry its really scary.
steph

Offline Susan & the bullies

• It's a Bullie Riot!
  • Super Bullie
  • Bullieness: 115
  • Bullies or Bust!
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2009, 07:56:46 PM »
It's all so horrifying. I had a very frightening experience picking up my crew from a kennel...Violet was 1/2 second away from going to the ER for hyperventiliating.  She was fine at the kennel until she saw me... it was only about 68 degrees.
with love from Susan, Auggie & Violet. RIP Freida love, Jul 2006-Oct 2010.

www.auggiescloset.com

Offline BabeEnglishBulldog

• Bullie Baby
  • Bullieness: 1
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2012, 04:36:43 AM »
That's a scary experience. I'm glad you are fine now. Babe's near death experience was almost getting hit by a motor and luckily the motorist missed her.
A great English Bulldog is produced by a responsible breeder and developed by dedicated owner.