Author Topic: An open letter to the moron that abandoned Penny  (Read 18155 times)

Offline khybeemaow

• Super Bullie
  • Bullieness: 385
  • you want some of dis?
An open letter to the moron that abandoned Penny
« on: December 21, 2009, 05:25:16 PM »
I pulled your Bulldog from the Vallejo shelter over the weekend. When I saw her, she was curled up into a tight ball on a filthy pad barely big enough for a cat on the cement in an outdoor kennel. It was 45 degrees and she was freezing. She had been there for days spending all of that time in that cold outdoor kennel with just that tiny filthy pad with a raging skin infection and toenails so long that they curl under her pads and she cannot take a single pain free step.

A good samaritan found her on Hanlon and took her to the shelter. Because you never bothered to have her microchip re-registered to you, the rescue that placed her with you was contacted and that's how I got involved. I met you at the dog park the summer before last while I was there with Fiona, Spike and Bailey and you were there with your Boxer mix. You said you wanted a Bulldog. I gave you the number to Bulldog rescue and that's how you ended up with Penny. I also told you about this site and I'm pretty sure you come on here to browse the topics and I sincerely hope you see this.

You left her in the shelter for days before you decided that you would surrender her. Did you really think that it wouldn't be painful for an elderly Bulldog to be lying on cement 24 hrs a day? She has been at my house since Sat. night and she can hardly get any rest because she can't stop scratching and she is covered with raw bleeding wounds. Oh, and by the way, she also looks like another dog got a hold of her because she has some painful looking puncture wounds on her face.

She is a very sweet girl and deserves much better than what you gave her. Today, I took her to visit some people and I let her wander their fenced property while I walked over to see their garden. When I got back to the car, Penny was sitting there and since she doesn't see or hear very well, she didn't know I was walking back to the car. When she finally saw me, her little face looked so relieved. She's only known me for 46 hours so I can't imagine how much she must miss you as horrible as you were to her.

If you see me at the dog park, I hope you have the common sense to hide   >:(

Offline DwightsMom

• Super Bullie
  • Bullieness: 89
Re: An open letter to the moron that abandoned Penny
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 05:36:45 PM »
Oh my goodness....Penny is SO lucky to have found her way into your home. Thank you for taking care of her. She deserves so much more...

Offline DaBabaDoo

• Bullie Champion
  • Bullieness: 15
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 05:46:14 PM »
I do a lot of work at my local shelter,too, and I know how heartbreaking those cases can be.  I can't believe people could be so cruel and yet so many lovng, ever-forgiving animals end up in them in similar circumstances.  God bless you for saving that poor girl and try not to feel to vengeful over the horrible people who put her in that state.  It's on their conscience for the rest of their lives.

But I will say this, if you have any information on the owners you should make sure to let Animal Control or the Humane Officers know so that hopefully they can press charges before the cycle begins again with another helpless dog.

Offline winwinsmom

• Super Bullie
  • Bullieness: 79
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2009, 06:30:48 PM »
OMG I can't believe this.  You are so nice in calling them "morons".  I would have said a lot worse.
How wonderful that you were able to pull her from that shelter and give her a home for the holidays.
BIG BIG HUGS AND KISSES TO YOU and of course Penny! :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich

Offline Gracie & Bea's Mom

• Super Bullie
  • Bullieness: 123
  • Best Friends (and Sisters) Forever
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2009, 07:06:41 PM »
I am trying not to cry as I read what happened to Penny.  That is so awful.  I am so glad that you were able to get Penny.
Mary, Gracie, and Bea

Offline idesign245

• Bullie Lord
  • Bullieness: 59
  • nothing says lub like a bootie rub
    • lower case a
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2009, 07:08:12 PM »
As mentioned, moron is putting it politely... I'd personally like to thank you Maggie for taking her in, someone was looking out for Penny and made sure she'd land into the arms of someone who would give her the loving she deserves... thank god for people like you.

Offline emmabull

• Super Bullie
  • Bullieness: 310
  • Life's a Beach!
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2009, 07:11:35 PM »
I am so glad she is in your care Maggie, I know you and Scott will make up for all of the horrible things that happened to her.  That poor sweet baby.  It broke my heart reading that she was relieved when she finally saw you after being with you just 48 hours. :'( :'( :'(  Thank God you were able to take her out of that terrible cold place  :-* :-*.

Offline mtc

• Bullie Champion
  • Bullieness: 8
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2009, 08:09:39 AM »
My baby was given up, but at least he wasn't abused!  Thank you for saving Penny!

Offline buddha

• Super Bullie
  • Bullieness: 46
  • RIP my sweet Buddha
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2009, 08:23:31 AM »
Oh Maggie...I am so happy that Penny is in your care.  It sounds like the poor girl has been through a lot...I hope she's feeling better soon.

Niki, Jeremy & Zeus
RIP my sweet Buddha

Offline Maggiesmom

• Bullie Champion
  • Bullieness: 30
  • I love my bullie!!
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2009, 09:56:28 AM »
This makes my heart ache reading how someone could do such at thing.

Penny is very fortunate to have found you, even if the circumstances were far from ideal.  Maybe a little Christmas miracle!!

Thank you for taking her in. 

Offline Pudgy

• Bullie Lord
  • Bullieness: 62
  • I love Bullies!
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2009, 10:01:46 AM »
I'm glad Penny found her way to you, people are horrible.   :'(

:-* Kisses to the sweet girl.
Heidi
Two girls, Kayla and Fiona
RIP Pudgy

Offline chuckandcharleen

• Bullie
  • Bullieness: 4
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2009, 01:34:31 PM »
Someone should chain him or her to a concrete slab out in the elements and see how they like it!!!!!  Low life!!! ok ok...I've calmed down a bit now...in the end it is the nicest christmas story I've heard this year...enjoy the holiday in your nice new and loving home Penny  :-* :-* :-*
Nothing beats a Bullie!! :)

Offline Charlies Mom

• The Real McGilicutty
  • Super Bullie
  • Bullieness: 86
  • I love my little Teddy Ruxpin!!
    • Charlie is on Dogster Now!!
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2009, 09:10:19 PM »
Poor sweet Penny  :'(

Im glad she made it to you and you are helping her out  :)
FIONA STRONG!!

Offline winwinsmom

• Super Bullie
  • Bullieness: 79
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2009, 09:12:48 PM »
How is Penny doing?  Do you still have her?

No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich

Offline khybeemaow

• Super Bullie
  • Bullieness: 385
  • you want some of dis?
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2009, 09:36:48 PM »
Penny is still here and a few days of meds and ointment have had a positive effect. She is still scratching but her skin isn't bright red and as raw looking and the swelling in her ears, pocket, and legs has gone down. I decided to take next week off so I will be able to apply the ointment, skin flushes and meds three times a day so she can stay here for another week and then get transferred to another foster home. Her tail needs to be removed due to the severe infection in the tail pocket and as soon as the infection and swelling are under control, she will have that surgery and someone needs to be home with her all day.