Author Topic: 8 BULLIES IN LESS THAN 6 DAYS......... WTH?!?!?!?!?  (Read 6151 times)

Offline Erica in FL

• Adopt-A-Bull Rescue Founder
  • Super Bullie
  • Bullieness: 30
  • Support Bulldog Rescue!!!
    • Adopt-A-Bull Rescue, Inc.
8 BULLIES IN LESS THAN 6 DAYS......... WTH?!?!?!?!?
« on: February 19, 2010, 10:58:39 AM »

We got 5 new dogs over this weekend alone… and 2 more came in valentine's night and 1 we got yesterday - Right from the shelter to the emergency vet - we spent all night with him in the ER.

Friday we had a bullie mix come in from our county kill shelter. He is heartworm positive and we rescued him on his last day, execution day. Saturday, we welcomed 4 other bullies into our program, a bonded pair of sisters we had to get from a Naples kill shelter that haven’t seen a vet in 3 years , a senior gal, and a young Columbian import bullie needing to be the only dog in the household at just 7 months old. - He got kicked out of doggie day care after sending a boxer to the hospital.

valentine’s day, at 8:30 pm got home from doing an owner surrender interview on a pair of 9 year old bullies. The owner is in foreclosure and they are coming to put the padlock on the next day! The owner will drop them at the pound if we can’t take them. She’s reached out to family/friends and other rescues… no one willing to take on a senior pair of stubborn bullies that need at least a couple hundred in medical care and lots of TLC.
All the new shelter pulls that came in are on quarantine - they can’t even share the same air as the healthy dogs at risk of everyone getting sick. The new intakes are already exhibiting signs of kennel cough having come from the shelter, totally segregated from the pack. Our foster homes are all full, and while we appreciate them all so much, we still need more.
The newbies are already on our website, a couple are on hold for medical reasons, some for behavioral.

Please visit our site to read about them: www.adoptabullrescue.com
or visit us on facebook! http://www.facebook.com/adoptabull
Each & Every Bully is a gift from GOD! Let us thank HIM everyday for the blessings He gives. RESCUE BULLIES ARE THE BEST!!

Offline msmustanggirl50

• Bullie Lord
  • Bullieness: 27
  • Bulldogs Rule!
    • Tinkerbells myspace page
Re: 8 BULLIES IN LESS THAN 6 DAYS......... WTH?!?!?!?!?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 11:19:09 AM »
Erica you really are a SAINT!!! I wish i could adopt but my 2 want to kill each other ughhhhh

Jen and Mike

Offline kavrno

• Super Bullie
  • Bullieness: 72
  • Roxie aka "our wittle snausage"
    • Roxie's dogster page
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 03:39:18 PM »
Good Lord but that is a lot of Bulldogs to get in.  Good Luck and God Bless You.

Offline Maxmydog

• Super Bullie
  • Bullieness: 87
  • Just me and my Bulldog
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 08:44:30 PM »
Sounds like us with the frenchies.  We have 5 needing foster homes (at last count).
"Bright eyes,
Burning like fire.
Bright eyes,
How can you close and fail?
How can the light that burned so brightly
Suddenly burn so pale?
Bright eyes.

~Art Garfunkel

RIP Max  (2-1-07)- you have your wings now