Author Topic: Maggie Is Sick- Anyone Ever had this experience?  (Read 2039 times)

Offline TheBullyGirl

• Bullie Puppy
  • Bullieness: 0
Maggie Is Sick- Anyone Ever had this experience?
« on: May 06, 2003, 07:15:37 AM »
Mornin' Guys.....I can't say (good) morning though becasue something is wrong w/ miss maggie.  I'm hoping someone has had the same or similar experience so I can know what to expect. Maggie is prone to what the vet calls in-grown hairs - she gets them between her toes and around her mouth some - the usually just annoy me and not her.  Well I noticed one on the underside of her mouth - like below her chin.....I didn't think much of it - just poor baby kinda thing....well it hasn't bothered her at all - until (and I have NO idea if the two are even related) last night I noticed that she was drooling outta the left side of her mouth a lot....but again I just figured she had drank some water and it was still dripping out - then I fed her - when I did she was eating real slow - not like maggie and it was like she couldn't keep her food in her mouth - by the time she had eaten all she wanted (which was strange too becasue normally she eats ALL you give her) there was peices of dog food everywhere.  I tried putting some warm water w/ it this a.m. thinking it would be easier to chew - but she still had it everywhere.  Has anyone ever had this happen????  Anyone have any ideas PLELASE help!!  I am going to call the vet ASAP - but of course they don't open til 9. I feel SO bad for my baby!  If anyone has any advice PLEASE help! -e. :'(
TheBullyGirl
"A House Isn't a Home Without A Bully"

Offline Lord Goliath

• Alpha Bulldog
  • Super Bullie
  • Bullieness: 174
  • Mess with a Bulldog, get the slobber!
    • Lord Goliath's Bulldog Domain
Re:Maggie Is Sick- Anyone Ever had this experience?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2003, 11:44:28 AM »
I have not seen that before.  Does Maggie act like she is any pain when she eats?  Is she having any trouble opening her mouth?  

Keep us posted.
Kind regards,
James and Goliath

I will always strive to be the person my Bulldog thinks I am. 
http://bulldogdomain.com

Express yourself, Bullie Dog Style!
http://bulliedogstyle.com

Offline TheBullyGirl

• Bullie Puppy
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2003, 12:10:20 PM »
She doesn't seem to be in pain - but that is one thing tha has always bothered me with her - she has an amazing tolerence to pain - you can stand on her foot and she'll just look at ya like " uhhhh mom your on my foot and I'd like to walk now so could you please get off it"   She may be having alittle trouble opening her mouth - but its so hard to tell cuz I don't pay attention to how much she usually opens it - I feel so bad for her - i mananged to get a vet appt at 3:30 today- so she only has to wait another 2 hours or so!!  I'll let you all know what he says! -e.
TheBullyGirl

Offline TheBullyGirl

• Bullie Puppy
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2003, 07:21:41 AM »
O.K. we visited our vet yesterday afternoon.  He SAYS (note I'm the mommy and I don't agree) that it appears she bit her cheek (ha) anyway, he gave her some antibiodics (just in case he said - could it be that he doesn't know and biting her cheek was a good excuse - i think so!) He said the "bump" that I felt was a mole and if it got any bigger or started to bother he he would remove it.  I didn't know that stuff just poped up like that....  Anyway, the saga goes on because he told me to start her on her meds this a.m. well her med has to be taken with food - well I put her food in front of her this a.m. she sniffed it and walked away - she didn't even try to eat it.....so of course I couldn't get her meds in her....  I'm gonna go get her some good yogurt and some fruit and stuff and see if I can get her to eat that around noon.  Everyone wish me luck and let me know if you have any suggestions! -e.
TheBullyGirl

Offline Lord Goliath

• Alpha Bulldog
  • Super Bullie
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2003, 09:42:11 AM »
Well I am not sure what I think about biting herself.  I think more likely she could have hurt herself while chewing a toy.  Goliath has caused himself swellings and bumps occasionally on and near his jaw by chewing nylabones for long periods of time.  The bumps appear suddenly and usually are gone in a day or two.  Good luck with Maggie.
Kind regards,
James and Goliath

Offline TheBullyGirl

• Bullie Puppy
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2003, 12:35:06 PM »
I think you hit the nail on the head!  Maggie has been spending a LOT of time on the porch in this nice weather with her bone.  Yesterday when I got home she ate a LOT better, so I didn't bother giving her the meds.  This morning her food was gone in NO TIME!  I think we are all back to normal and for the time being her bone is put away!!  Thanks for your support!! -e.
TheBullyGirl

Offline Lord Goliath

• Alpha Bulldog
  • Super Bullie
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2003, 05:56:50 PM »
That's great news!  Glad to hear Maggie is better.  :D
Kind regards,
James and Goliath

Offline TheBullyGirl

• Bullie Puppy
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2003, 07:50:31 AM »
Thanks James.  I can TOTALLY say she is back to her old self now - she woofed down her food in no time this a.m.!  She is happy to be a normal bully again!
TheBullyGirl