Author Topic: Chloe is starting to limp.. pics included  (Read 9302 times)

Offline I Luv Chloe

• Bullie Puppy
  • Bullieness: 7
Re: Chloe is starting to limp.. pics included
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2011, 02:55:53 PM »
That I am!! lol Crazy and in love with Bulldogs.. ok here she is.. Little Abby.. Even though they are a couple months apart in age, Chloe acts like a BIG sister but she's been so much more active and playful since Abby came around. She makes her feel young again

Chloe even allows her to sleep in her bed with her..

Offline brumzoo

• Mrs. Save the World
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Bullie
  • Bullieness: 542
  • Lumpy's Mom!
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2011, 10:05:05 PM »
Precious babies!  :-* :-*
Trish, Jeff, Lumpy & zoo! Until we meet again with Precious, Sapphy and Onnie.

"Compassion for animals is intimately connected with goodness of character; and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man." ~ Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline mtc

• Bullie Champion
  • Bullieness: 8
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2011, 07:34:07 PM »
How could you say "No" to that face !! OMG ! So precious!  Congratulations on the new baby !

Offline chanticocat

• Bullie Champion
  • Bullieness: 16
  • Bulldogs Rule!
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2011, 10:56:47 PM »
OK, there's cute, and there's "reduced to a blubbering puddle of awwwww" cute.  That pup is the second kind.
Dulcinea Dancer the Tater Tot ,  Hank Frank the Tank Hubba Bubba Chubba Wubba Chunky Trunk Durham Bacon Bit and Midge Smidgeon Mimi Moo Repath OWN me .  :)

Offline I Luv Chloe

• Bullie Puppy
Re: New Update on Chloe- pics included
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2011, 10:25:10 AM »
I have been following the post on sweet Midge and wanted to lay low on Chloe until I get more news. While I am so emotional about Chloe, little Midge has got me where I just beside myself with worry and more determined to do what needs to be done for my little one as well. I'm praying for your little Midge  :-*

Well.. Chloe has good days and bad days. bad days are BAD! Yesterday was the worst bad day I have ever seen her have. I came home during lunch to let her out and she goes outside, does her business really fast and just stands there.. no energy, belly going in and out as if there is no air and she just CAN'T breathe.. She stays in this place for like an hour.. I sit with her thinking of the painful words of a well respected Vet telling me it would be best to put her down.. I thought of all the wonderful advise I received, from everyone here, the hearts of all these people that truly love their bulldogs. People in my life hated to see me in pain so they were almost siding with the Vet. My husband got us a new puppy maybe attempting to ease the pain of eventually losing my Chloe.. What should I do I thought? Here is a picture of what I was having to deal with.. She looked miserable..

In my heart, I realized what I needed to do.. I had no more time to think about it.

Here are my babies at the Vet's office this morning..

Little Abby, our new white bully got an A++++ clean bill of health! Even said that Abby is a bulldog you want and need to breed because this is the way they should be bred.. I am very happy, but all that matters to me is that she is healthy  :)

Chloe, the love of my life! He once again said that her amount of problems exceed what he can even express. I made it clear to him while I understood and respected his opinion, I am conquering one problem at a time. Right now, the major problem is that SHE CANT BREATHE! He warned me about the complications of anesthesia for her, and again I understood. I want her to breathe! I cant watch her suffer any longer.

Tomorrow morning is her surgery to shorten her palette  ;D I am so excited!! One step at a time.. He said that if it IS her palette, then by the time she wakes up, she will be able to breathe much better. I know she will. I am staying positive and optimistic! I promised my Chloe I will fix her as best as I could and I am keeping my promise to her.

Thanks to all my new dear friends that gave me the strength and determination to research, listen, and be knowledgeable enough to know what to do for my sick bully. He was actually very impressed with me but worried that I may not understand how sick she is. Believe me, I get it!! I'm her mother!  Well one thing at at time right? Because giving up and putting her to sleep is NOT an option for me right now.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 10:28:07 AM by I Luv Chloe »

Offline Susan & the bullies

• It's a Bullie Riot!
  • Super Bullie
  • Bullieness: 115
  • Bullies or Bust!
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2011, 12:44:27 PM »
You are a great, wonderful bully mom!!! I'm behind you 100%!  I am praying the surgery helps her. One step at a time is the best way to approach all of this.  Have my fingers crossed for your gal!!! And know you are in good company-- so many, many owners have faced difficulties of one form or another. Big hugs!!!
with love from Susan, Auggie & Violet. RIP Freida love, Jul 2006-Oct 2010.

www.auggiescloset.com

Offline ksdstny

• Super Bullie
  • Bullieness: 151
  • handsome boy!
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2011, 01:53:21 PM »
Again .....no disrespect to ur vet whom u obviously trust BUT....an elongated pallate is NOT a sickness, its completely normal and often times expected in a bulldog or brachycephalic breeds in general.  My vet believes every bully should have their pallate n nares done. It kinda stresses me out that ur vet keeps wanting to put her down. In her first 18 months harlow had...pneumonia, hives, allergies, two cherry eye surgeries, elbow dysplasia surgery, luxating patalla surgery, elongated pallate n nare surgery...3 different eye procedures, then entropian surgery on her left eye, and almost died from a comfortis reaction. Hot mess and thousands of dollars. NEVER once did dr h think she would b better off dead. I went into huge debt and she was n is worth every dollae i spent.

He was a champion in the way he handled her and me and i guess i just want that for chloe. I pray everything goes well.

Offline I Luv Chloe

• Bullie Puppy
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2011, 02:17:35 PM »
Oh Kim.. you are absolutely right.. I hope I didn't make it sound like the Vet said considered her palette as being one of her problems. What he was saying was that she's in bad shape as far as her muscular and skeletal development. He explained that he didn't see her living a very long life because of that but I have to disagree. I began thinking that if she can't breathe normally then, how will she have the strength within herself to even try to have a normal puppyhood? He always agreed with me about helping her out and fixing her palette.. I guess he put me in a position to where I would think is it worth it if she's going to only live for another year or so.. Hell yea its worth it even if she lives another day..  :) He was almost proud of me going forward instead of giving up.. I am almost willing to forgive his judgement of me because 1. He doesn't know me yet and 2. maybe this economy has forced him to not push so hard because people cant afford surgery for their bulldogs anymore?? who knows what may have broken his spirit? but shortening the palette was something he said before he could do to improve her quality of life before her legs go really bad.

I told him today, if her legs go bad, I'll carry her around everywhere I go.. He's a bulldog lover and I think I really made him proud when I showed him I wasn't giving up on her..

Offline chanticocat

• Bullie Champion
  • Bulldogs Rule!
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2011, 02:42:57 PM »
Wow.  I get what you are going through.  We would do anything for Midge just for one more good day. Our thoughts are with you and Chloe.
Dulcinea Dancer the Tater Tot ,  Hank Frank the Tank Hubba Bubba Chubba Wubba Chunky Trunk Durham Bacon Bit and Midge Smidgeon Mimi Moo Repath OWN me .  :)

Offline brumzoo

• Mrs. Save the World
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Bullie
  • Bullieness: 542
  • Lumpy's Mom!
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2011, 03:45:33 PM »
Prayers for Chloe! Kiss that gorgeous girl for me!  :-* :-*
Trish, Jeff, Lumpy & zoo! Until we meet again with Precious, Sapphy and Onnie.

"Compassion for animals is intimately connected with goodness of character; and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man." ~ Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline ksdstny

• Super Bullie
  • Bullieness: 151
  • handsome boy!
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2011, 05:11:02 PM »
Im happy to hear that! Wishing you n ur baby all the best

Offline buddha

• Super Bullie
  • Bullieness: 46
  • RIP my sweet Buddha
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2011, 05:44:27 PM »
Sending lots of good thoughts for little Chloe...I hope everything goes well with her surgery!   :-* :-* :-*
Niki, Jeremy & Zeus
RIP my sweet Buddha

Offline emmabull

• Super Bullie
  • Bullieness: 310
  • Life's a Beach!
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2011, 05:52:48 PM »
Goof luck tomorrow sweet Chloe! :-* :-* :-* :-* I hope you wake feeling like a new girl and breathing in lots of fresh air! :-* :-*

Offline winwinsmom

• Super Bullie
  • Bullieness: 79
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2011, 07:08:01 PM »
Hope all goes well with Chloe's surgery tomorrow.  Please let us know ASAP, as soon as you know anything.

No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich

Offline chanticocat

• Bullie Champion
  • Bulldogs Rule!
« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2011, 08:48:13 AM »
Good Luck Chloe. We are cheering for you.