Author Topic: Midge is in the hospital.  (Read 9723 times)

Offline I Luv Chloe

• Bullie Puppy
  • Bullieness: 7
Re: Midge is in the hospital.
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2011, 02:59:11 PM »
How is little Midge? I've been thinking about you guys.. Sending lots of love and kisses  :-* :-*

Offline chanticocat

• Bullie Champion
  • Bullieness: 16
  • Bulldogs Rule!
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2011, 10:53:33 PM »
New bloodwork today..numbers are down ,but no where near where they should be. She has acute renal failure. She spent 3 hrs hooked to IV fluids and her pump is set up and waiting for when we walk in tomorrow am. I know kidney damage is not reversible. We just want to slow it down. More time please..She has only been with us a year...

She's pretty alert, weak, eating more and not liking the catheter in her leg. Still spunky. Doc says to bring her in to work every day and they'll hook her up to the IV fluids.  He wants to try to flush her kidneys out and see if he can bring those numbers down somewhere manageable.  He says to hydrate her like crazy and see if they can knock things loose there.  He's also given us some guidance on nutrition.  I gotta say this - she has got one fantastic vet working on her. If there's a way to get her through this, he's gonna find it.  (He called us in the afternoon on Easter Sunday to check on how she's doing.)  He's been doing this a long, long time and has been astonishingly thorough with her.

How is Chloe?  I think about her a lot.
Dulcinea Dancer the Tater Tot ,  Hank Frank the Tank Hubba Bubba Chubba Wubba Chunky Trunk Durham Bacon Bit and Midge Smidgeon Mimi Moo Repath OWN me .  :)

Offline I Luv Chloe

• Bullie Puppy
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2011, 09:21:25 AM »
Oh my goodness  :'( renal failure? Will she be ok? I hope with all my heart that she will pull through this and never look back. I am so sorry, I can only imagine what you are all going through.. Hang in there for your baby.. I am sending nothing but strong and positive thoughts to you..

Chloe goes through bad days and good. I am going to schedule her pa latte surgery hopefully this week.. She has to be strong enough to go through the trauma.. I feel the same way you do.. "more time please".. We haven't even had her a year yet.

Midge will continue to be in my thoughts. Stay strong for your sweetheart, I'll stay strong for mine..  :-*

Offline winwinsmom

• Super Bullie
  • Bullieness: 79
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2011, 01:33:44 PM »
You are in our thoughts and prayers  :-* :-* :-*

No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich

Offline chanticocat

• Bullie Champion
  • Bulldogs Rule!
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2011, 11:21:46 PM »
Honestly...things are looking pretty bleak. He's doing more blood-work tomorrow. He says if BUN isn't under 200 this time (after the hrs of
IV fluids again today) it doesn't look good. He also said the same for ANY SEIZURE activity. We could be faced with some excruciating decisions fairly soon.

My Mom came over tonight. Midge jumped up and ran across her playpen to greet her. She was so happy to see Grandma and eat some bacon treats.
Aaron  came home while Mom was holding her. She snapped her head around so fast to see Daddy. Daddy tried to offer her some of the food I had offered her when I got her home. She devoured it.  She even walked Mom and I to the front door. We made Mom promise to come back tomorrow night.

Even after all that happy stuff. We have to remember that she is still a very sick little girl.
Dulcinea Dancer the Tater Tot ,  Hank Frank the Tank Hubba Bubba Chubba Wubba Chunky Trunk Durham Bacon Bit and Midge Smidgeon Mimi Moo Repath OWN me .  :)

Offline emmabull

• Super Bullie
  • Bullieness: 310
  • Life's a Beach!
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2011, 06:44:33 AM »
I am so so sorry to read this. You all are in my thoughts and prayers. Poor sweet little baby, she is very lucky to have such a loving Momma and Daddy and Grandma. Praying BUN numbers are under 200.  :-* :-* :-* :-*

Offline buddha

• Super Bullie
  • Bullieness: 46
  • RIP my sweet Buddha
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2011, 09:29:11 AM »
Oh my goodness...I am so sorry that you're going through this with Midge.   :-[  Sending tons of positive thoughts that her numbers come down to a more manageable level.   Hugs to you, Midge & the rest of your family!
Niki, Jeremy & Zeus
RIP my sweet Buddha

Offline idesign245

• Bullie Lord
  • Bullieness: 59
  • nothing says lub like a bootie rub
    • lower case a
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2011, 11:51:13 AM »
Thinking of you guys and hoping Midge feels better and those numbers come up.  She's such a trooper, stay tough sweetheart.  :-*

Offline Susan & the bullies

• It's a Bullie Riot!
  • Super Bullie
  • Bullieness: 115
  • Bullies or Bust!
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2011, 12:48:02 PM »
Come on Midge! We are praying for you!! Wishing you health and strength honeypie.  :-* :-* :-* :-*
with love from Susan, Auggie & Violet. RIP Freida love, Jul 2006-Oct 2010.

www.auggiescloset.com

Offline chanticocat

• Bullie Champion
  • Bulldogs Rule!
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2011, 02:13:01 PM »
Writing this from the hospital(work)  New bloodwork- BUN =146 (down from 268)
                                                                          Phos= 9(down from 16. something)
I've been hand feeding her mostly for the last five days, but she is getting stronger. We don't know if her system will be able to maintain itself off ivs and dexamethasone. We are trying not to get our hopes too high and just focus on our little girl.

Offline I Luv Chloe

• Bullie Puppy
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2011, 02:23:51 PM »
I pray for Midge every second of the day.. I know its hard but stay strong!! Midge is one lucky bully to have a mom like you  :-* :-*

Offline chanticocat

• Bullie Champion
  • Bulldogs Rule!
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2011, 02:45:22 PM »
We are praying for Chloe too.

Offline brumzoo

• Mrs. Save the World
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Bullie
  • Bullieness: 542
  • Lumpy's Mom!
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2011, 03:42:04 PM »
Praying for Midge! I am happy her numbers came down a bit!  :) Kiss that precious girl for me and tell her we are all praying for her and she has to get well!  :-* :-*
Trish, Jeff, Lumpy & zoo! Until we meet again with Precious, Sapphy and Onnie.

"Compassion for animals is intimately connected with goodness of character; and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man." ~ Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline winwinsmom

• Super Bullie
  • Bullieness: 79
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2011, 07:05:18 PM »
Glad to hear the numbers came down too.  Big hugs and kisses....will be saying an extra special prayer for Midge.  :-*

No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich

Offline chanticocat

• Bullie Champion
  • Bulldogs Rule!
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2011, 11:08:35 PM »
I'm told that BUN should be more like 27. Midge spent today on the IV pump. We go back in the morning to drop her off around 8 am for another round and I  will have to drive back to  be at work at 1pm. Another long day at work....Poor Midge. Her little tongue has ulcers from the kidney toxins. We are discussing the possibility of "Holistic"  treatments ....She is resting on a pile of her blankets at the moment.

Hank and Dulce have been so good through all of this. Hank just hangs out on the kitchen floor most evenings. Dulce and I decided to shake off a little stress last night. I sing (badly) disco lyrics to her and we shake our bootys.
They are a bit fat (for them) lately. I haven't been able to get out with them like I usually do.