Author Topic: Midge is in the hospital.  (Read 10156 times)

Offline I Luv Chloe

• Bullie Puppy
  • Bullieness: 7
Re: Midge is in the hospital.
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2011, 08:38:36 AM »
Poor Midge..  :'( Thank you for all the updates.. Thinking of you and her.. Give her a sweet kiss on the top of her head from me.. That is my favorite place to give kisses on my babies..  :-* :-*

Offline emmabull

• Super Bullie
  • Bullieness: 310
  • Life's a Beach!
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2011, 12:58:27 PM »
Poor Midge, I hope the holistic treatments help.  Give her a hugs and a smoochies from me. :-* :-*

I am so glad she has such a loving and caring Momma.

Offline buddha

• Super Bullie
  • Bullieness: 46
  • RIP my sweet Buddha
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2011, 07:48:35 PM »
Awww...poor sweet girl.  Please give her hugs & smooches from me too.   :-* :-* :-*
Niki, Jeremy & Zeus
RIP my sweet Buddha

Offline chanticocat

• Bullie Champion
  • Bullieness: 16
  • Bulldogs Rule!
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2011, 09:00:13 PM »
Last night went well. Midge was very excited to see her Daddy come home and very excited to see her Grandma come in shortly after. She ate dinner in Grandma's lap attacking the food with so much energy that we thought she was going to chip a tooth on the bowl. We took her out for ride in the car to the convenience store after my Mom left. Aaron came out with a drink and a couple of doughnuts. Midge had been laying in my lap until then. Boy did that doughnut get attention. I broke of a non frosted( non chocolate) piece and she about took my finger with it. That got a laugh. The doughnut trip has been a Midge tradition since we brought her home. We hit the In -n- Out drive thru for dinner, but by the time we got home, she was tired and led us to her crate. Boy did she show interest in the bag though. 

Today was more IV fluids, Prednisone and (her usual) Vitamin E. She is resting in the living room on her blankets. It is back to the hospital tomorrow for more fluids and then bloodwork. Hospital closes at noon. I go back around 4 to walk dogs and then have a split shift on Sunday.

Our hearts are breaking. We know that our time with her is much shorter than we had hoped. 
Dulcinea Dancer the Tater Tot ,  Hank Frank the Tank Hubba Bubba Chubba Wubba Chunky Trunk Durham Bacon Bit and Midge Smidgeon Mimi Moo Repath OWN me .  :)

Offline Gracie & Bea's Mom

• Super Bullie
  • Bullieness: 123
  • Best Friends (and Sisters) Forever
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2011, 09:05:07 PM »
Enjoy every minute with Midge and know, the we too, have enjoyed hearing about Midge and her "front-wheel drive".
Mary, Gracie, and Bea

Offline hoegaandit

• Bullie Champion
  • Bullieness: 18
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2011, 04:37:21 AM »
Best of luck with Midge. A quick google search seem to show a number of alleviative measures.

Offline ksdstny

• Super Bullie
  • Bullieness: 151
  • handsome boy!
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2011, 08:41:33 AM »
Man so sorry u all r going through this! Esp miss midge! I am hoping things get better for her!

Offline chanticocat

• Bullie Champion
  • Bulldogs Rule!
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2011, 05:31:06 PM »
I have to drive to back to work for kennel duty in awhile. We have only been home with Midge about 1-hr 1/2. Her back legs are noticeably weaker. Aaron is rocking her in the living room as I type.

Her numbers were up at 8:30 am  BUN 207 Phos 16
                   down again around 11:30am BUN 146 Phos 11     Still not good at all. We left the hospital for an hour and drove aimlessly.We stopped in the library to use the internet. I looked up numbers for alternative and holistic vets.  Everyone closed at 1pm today and no one,but emergency is open Sunday.

Midge has been very alert today and ate well this morning. She did lead us to the front door this morning. She actually fought the tech this morning.
Dulcinea Dancer the Tater Tot ,  Hank Frank the Tank Hubba Bubba Chubba Wubba Chunky Trunk Durham Bacon Bit and Midge Smidgeon Mimi Moo Repath OWN me .  :)

Offline hoegaandit

• Bullie Champion
  • Bullieness: 18
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2011, 05:37:46 PM »
Good that Midge must have been feeling a bit better.

Offline chanticocat

• Bullie Champion
  • Bulldogs Rule!
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2011, 06:14:50 PM »
She's gone.

Offline chanticocat

• Bullie Champion
  • Bulldogs Rule!
« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2011, 06:30:31 PM »
This is chanticocat's husband.

I wanted to thank you for all of your support.  Midge has been a huge part of our life in the short time we've had her.  We will love her forever, and as painful as this has all been, we'd do it all again.  We count ourselves lucky to have been blessed this much with our little Midge Mimi Moo.

She had been showing some improvement and was much more herself over the past few days.  But her blood numbers were not improving.  Yesterday and today she was getting weaker and weaker, and less hungry.  We had her on the bed (something we haven't done in the past for her safety; it was a fall risk for her, but for this we made a way the past couple of days) and she was sleeping snuggled up in between us when suddenly she had a violent grand mal seizure.  We immediately loaded her into the car and took her in for the unthinkable.  Her vet had warned us that if she had a seizure, it was going to be too much for her.  As hard as it was to let her go, there really wasn't even a decision to be made.  She passed peacefully.

Dr. Pescod did everything he could.  He wasn't able to save her, but he got us three more good, quality days with her.  We were able to take her to do all the things she typically loved.  While we wanted much, much more time with her, we'll take what we got.  Drs. Pescod and Wilkinson and the staff at Duval Animal Hospital were wonderful to us and more importantly, our little girl.

We have two other beautiful bullies to care for, and they're snoring here with us.  They've been little angels this whole time.  It will take a long time to heal, and I don't ever see that the hole in our heart that losing Midge has left can ever be filled.  We will love her forever, and she will be always missed.

Offline brumzoo

• Mrs. Save the World
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Bullie
  • Bullieness: 542
  • Lumpy's Mom!
« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2011, 06:32:46 PM »
I am so very sorry! Midge was so lucky to have y'all for parents. Please let me know if I can do anything! Hugs to you both. Run free at the Bridge, Midge, and watch over your family until you meet again.  :'( :'( :-* :-*
Trish, Jeff, Lumpy & zoo! Until we meet again with Precious, Sapphy and Onnie.

"Compassion for animals is intimately connected with goodness of character; and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man." ~ Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline winwinsmom

• Super Bullie
  • Bullieness: 79
« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2011, 07:27:05 PM »
I am so sorry to hear about Midge.  :'( I know you did everything you could......she is now running free at the bridge with our precious Winston.  RIP sweet girl and give Winston a big kiss!  :'( :'( :'(

No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich

Offline cheekybulldog

• Bullie Lord
  • Bullieness: 34
  • Spoiled Rotten!
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2011, 11:58:14 PM »
I am so sorry :'( :'( :'( Midge was very, very lucky to have you both as parents. Hugs :-* :'( :-* :'(

Gillian, Matt and Ozzy

Offline ksdstny

• Super Bullie
  • Bullieness: 151
  • handsome boy!
« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2011, 12:54:43 AM »
Been a bit out of touch and am just seeing this......God im so very sorry! I dont know what to say, i know how much u loved her and how hard this must have been. You all fought really hard for her so feel good about that. I think u all did the right thing by her, Its so hard when they leave. Take good  care of each other n know your in our thoughts.  Xo  :-*