Author Topic: Chloe is out of surgery..  (Read 4784 times)

Offline ksdstny

• Super Bullie
  • Bullieness: 151
  • handsome boy!
Re: Chloe is out of surgery..
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2011, 10:29:26 PM »
Susan...harlow came home same day and she had pallate, nares n spay all done! She did well! Just an fyi! Xo

Offline winwinsmom

• Super Bullie
  • Bullieness: 79
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2011, 08:19:17 AM »
How is Chloe today?  Any better?

No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich

Offline I Luv Chloe

• Bullie Puppy
  • Bullieness: 7
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2011, 03:23:02 PM »
Hi everyone.. To be honest, its been a rough week. After tonsils and palette surgery, I would say Chloe is doing about 8% better then before surgery. 8% meaning hardly any better but some positive change like her appetite is better, she's thirsty more often, she not jumps but puts her front paws up on the couch or table to see what's going on.. I really expected her to breathe better and she may be getting more oxygen then before but she still sounds terrible, still throws up the same (she doesn't throw up food though, but some what of a clear mucous or saliva type thing) she eats a lot but it stays down so I am trying to understand what that stuff is that she throws up because its not food.

I hate to say 8% after a week but I am really trying to be realistic. She's done with her antibiotics today so that's good. Vet is calling every other day and that's great! He's worried about her but told me to be patient with her while she heals. I am. I just hope all this wasn't a mistake because she was pretty miserable this past week. One day at a time right? What are the chances of this surgery not working for her at all? I would think very slim but now I am worried it may not have helped..   ??? :-[

Offline chanticocat

• Bullie Champion
  • Bullieness: 16
  • Bulldogs Rule!
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2011, 09:14:59 PM »
Hang in there. These things take some time. You did right to try this for Chloe.
Dulcinea Dancer the Tater Tot ,  Hank Frank the Tank Hubba Bubba Chubba Wubba Chunky Trunk Durham Bacon Bit and Midge Smidgeon Mimi Moo Repath OWN me .  :)

Offline hoegaandit

• Bullie Champion
  • Bullieness: 18
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2011, 10:09:12 PM »
Surgery is tough, and recovery is tough and slow. I think what you have to do is make the decision as to what is best for your bullie and then go for it. You made a decision which on the face of it appears absolutely right. Chloe could not breathe properly, and that needed to be addressed by surgery.

When our boy had his op I had misgivings if I had done the right thing, because he was so unhappy at the op and immediately after that and only slowly recovered over the next three weeks, but that was mainly because his op was a preventitive one (undescended testicle which may have later turned cancerous). I don't think you should have any misgivings whatsoever about your decision, regardless of how hard it is temporarily for little Chloe. It seems she absolutely needed that operation, and it would be very hard to believe that it will not make a big difference to her, but she needs time to recover, physically and psychologically.

Offline brumzoo

• Mrs. Save the World
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Bullie
  • Bullieness: 542
  • Lumpy's Mom!
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2011, 05:34:12 PM »
I hope Chloe is doing better now! How is she?  :-*
Trish, Jeff, Lumpy & zoo! Until we meet again with Precious, Sapphy and Onnie.

"Compassion for animals is intimately connected with goodness of character; and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man." ~ Arthur Schopenhauer