Author Topic: Update on Buddha  (Read 2231 times)

Offline buddha

• Super Bullie
  • Bullieness: 46
  • RIP my sweet Buddha
Update on Buddha
« on: August 11, 2011, 06:43:37 PM »
I just got back from another trip to the vet with Buddha.  After Monday nights trip to the ER he hasn't been doing well.  He's been loopy, disoriented, pacing, panting, not sleeping etc.  It's been terrible.  On Tuesday I called our regular vet & she had me cut the Tramadol dosage as Buddha gets a bit too sedated on it.  On Wednesday he seemed a bit better but around 7PM he started pacing in circles, was extremely agitated & disoriented and at times it seemed as though he didn't know where he was.  It was almost 6AM until he finally fell asleep.  I had called the vet again & they had me increase the Tramadol but that didn't help at all.  The Rimadyl wasn't helping either & we thought that maybe he was having an adverse reaction to it.

So at today's visit they did some blood work to check his liver & kidney levels.  Everything was normal so our vet doesn't think it was a reaction to the Rimadyl.  They are also sending out the rest of his blood work to get the rest of the tests done.  We left him there so she could get some x-rays of his spine & do a much more thorough exam while he was under light sedation.  Went back at 5PM and she went over all of the x-rays with me.  There is nothing significant on his spine but his heart is enlarged & his trachea is being pushed out to the left side (it's making a "C" shape) so there is some sort of mass in his chest.  We're not sure if this is the cause of his issues but it's very serious so I'm going to call to make an appointment for an ultrasound tomorrow.  Hopefully they can see him sometime next week. 

He's back on Prednisone (since that made a such a difference in his comfort level) and they also gave me a sedative to help him relax if he starts pacing again.  He also has some meds to help with any stomach issues with switching back to the Pred.  He's still not eating (hasn't eaten at all yet today) but I was able to get his dose of Prednisone in with some whipped cream and now he's passed out cold.  He hasn't really slept much the past few days so I'm hoping he'll sleep for a while.  I really need to get caught up on my sleep too...I've been averaging about 2-3 a night. 

We are very worried and I don't know how good of an outcome we're going to have.   :'( :'( :'(

Niki, Jeremy & Zeus
RIP my sweet Buddha

Offline hoegaandit

• Bullie Champion
  • Bullieness: 18
Re: Update on Buddha
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 08:04:05 PM »
Hoping for your and Buddha's sake that the mass is benign, and that you can all get some rest. Our thoughts are with you.

Offline ksdstny

• Super Bullie
  • Bullieness: 151
  • handsome boy!
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2011, 01:12:10 AM »
Niki why not try some boiled con n rice maybe he ll eat that. I always feel better when they eat? Keep me posted.. I'm worrying with u. Xo s to u n Buddha boy

Offline winwinsmom

• Super Bullie
  • Bullieness: 79
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2011, 07:51:02 AM »
We are sending good thoughts and prayers your way  :-* :-* :-* :-*

No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich

Offline emmabull

• Super Bullie
  • Bullieness: 310
  • Life's a Beach!
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2011, 07:56:31 AM »
I am so sorry to hear Buddha is having problems. Buddha is in my thoughts and prayers.  :-* :-* :-*