Author Topic: Recommendations for automatic feeders?  (Read 3263 times)

Offline DwightsMom

• Super Bullie
  • Bullieness: 89
Recommendations for automatic feeders?
« on: January 10, 2012, 01:33:00 PM »
Good afternoon,

Dwight has been having a series of mild head tremors lately and his vet has suggested feeding him three (3) times a day, instead of twice.

Because my husband and I both work and are unavailable during the afternoon to feed him, I thought I'd buy an automatic feeder.

Any recommendations for an automatic feeder that can feed three times a day and withstand attack from a hungry bulldog?

Any recommendations or advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Ellen

Offline Gracie & Bea's Mom

• Super Bullie
  • Bullieness: 123
  • Best Friends (and Sisters) Forever
Re: Recommendations for automatic feeders?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 03:48:01 PM »
I've tried several kinds.  One kind the kibble was too big to fit through the machine. I don't remember the brand but it reminded me of a gumball machine. The other one looked like a little box. You set a timer and and then at the correct time, the lid popped open. The only problem was, was that it was so small the girls treated it like a hockey puck.
Can you have a neighbor drop by and feed him?
Mary, Gracie, and Bea

Offline DwightsMom

• Super Bullie
  • Bullieness: 89
Re: Recommendations for automatic feeders?
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 03:49:33 PM »
I've tried several kinds.  One kind the kibble was too big to fit through the machine. I don't remember the brand but it reminded me of a gumball machine. The other one looked like a little box. You set a timer and and then at the correct time, the lid popped open. The only problem was, was that it was so small the girls treated it like a hockey puck.
Can you have a neighbor drop by and feed him?

Thanks for the advice! Having a neighbor drop by isn't an option, unfortunately. :(