Author Topic: Maggie crossed over the bridge this morning  (Read 1737 times)

Offline rustymaggie

• Super Bullie
  • Bullieness: 51
    • THE BREAST CANCER SITE
Maggie crossed over the bridge this morning
« on: April 27, 2012, 07:46:41 PM »
Today was the hardest day we have ever had. We helped Maggie cross over the rainbow bridge this morning at 10:15. We then took her to The Pines pet Cemetery to have her cremated soshe can come home and stay inside with us. As you all know maggie was a cancer survivor. Last july she was diagnosed with lymphoma. She underwent chemotherapy and was in complete remission for around eight months. Then this past Monday, her lymphnodes under her chin began to swell again so our vet (an angel here on Earth) advised us to increase her prednisone. Then on Wednesday she took her 3:00 P.M. medicine just fine. By 5:00 P.M she would not eat her supper and refused to eat our food. By bedtime, we had to carry her to bed and she was unable to go outside to go potty. So we covered the bed in case she had an emergency through the night. She had trouble sleeping and I was up all night with her. Being the good girl that she always was, she did not go on the bed, but waited for me tocarry her outside in the morning. She stayed in her chair all day long. She drank plenty of water and seemed to be doing better later in the evening. But when bedtime rolled around, she acted as if she could not hear or see us. We took her to bed again with us, and I stayed up with her through the night. Around two she lost her balance and fell off the bed. By morning she was so lathargic, and by now would not drink or look at us. We had made the decission yesterday that if she did not do any better last night we would take her to see doc and help her cross over. After we made the call to get her in to doc's we started grieving as you could imagine. Bubba got on the bed with her and gave her kisses. It was the first time he had ever done that. I looked at him, and he had to know because his nose was running and his eyes were wet underneath. All the boys have moped around today and have stuck to us like glue.
We miss and love you soooooooo much our sweet Maggie !!! :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
Brian,Denise, and Patricia
And don't forget our "OWNERS" Bubba, Dozer, and Tank............and never forget Our WONDERFUL baby girl Maggie, and Rusty, Ivan The Terrible, and Bones, ALWAYS IN OUR HEARTS)