Author Topic: Mold or fungus or something please help  (Read 2123 times)

Offline debra6

• Bullie
  • Bullieness: 15
  • Bulldogs Rule!
Mold or fungus or something please help
« on: November 09, 2012, 01:35:52 PM »
Hi ALL!!! I have to say this has been a frustrating year and Rocky was touch and go for a while do to a really bad cluster of seizures...my husband kicked our child and Rocky and I out because he didn't want to deal with the financial aspect of Rockys medical issues and I lost my job because I had to leave to take Rocky to the hospital...on top of all this poor Rocky keeps getting these smelly patches that remind me of craddle cap, the nasty skin pulls off and leaves bald spots..then the hair grows back and it happens again and again. I noticed it gets worse after a bath. I don't know what it is or how to help him, PLUS his ears are discusting with nasty brown stuff coming out everyday and mucus in his eyes. AND since the last bad seizure he doesn't sleep through the night he gets me up to take him out every few hours. I love him so much and he is soooo sweet but I just don't know what else to do for him. Any ideas especially on the skin. I feel like I am fighting a losing battle with him.

Offline egreen28

• Bullie Baby
  • Bullieness: 0
Re: Mold or fungus or something please help
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 06:28:37 PM »
Sounds like it could be a hot spot. Or he could be having major allergies or yeast infections. The brown stuff coming out of the ears could be from a nasty yeasty ear infection. My bulldog had one once. You might want to look at what you are feeding him. He could be having a grain or protein reaction. A trip to the vet is probably in order. The eye mucus could be a sign of allergies as well are upper respiratory infection. You can try giving him Benadryl. They can handle 50mg at a time, so two of the tablets. And the adult kind is just fine. Hope that helps! I would get him off food that contains grains. Lots of bullies have grain allergies.