Author Topic: 5 weeks of diarhea  (Read 1888 times)

Offline FranktheTank

• Bullie Baby
  • Bullieness: 1
5 weeks of diarhea
« on: August 02, 2013, 08:15:03 AM »
Hello All,

About 5 weeks ago I stayed out of town & left Frank with a friend for the night.  When I picked him up all was fine until that night.  I woke up to several piles of vomit and diarrhea.  Frank has 0 energy & refused to eat or drink for about a day & a half so I got him to the vet where  (they claim) he tested positive for pancreatitis.  They put him on antibiotics & things got better after a couple days but then after the meds were done his diarrhea came right back.  We went through this process 3 more times before I switched vets.  My new vet took xrays & there was nothing unusual but now he tested negative for pancreatitis.  He's now back on antibiotics for the 4th time.  Has anyone else heard of such a thing or know what this may be?  This new vet is now suggesting an ultra sound and endoscopy but can't really give me a strong reason why to incur such an expense.   I want Frank to be healthy asap but right now I'm over $1000 into vet bills and absolutely no better off than I was 5 weeks ago when this all started.

HELP!!!

Offline joy217

• Bullie Champion
  • Bullieness: 8
  • Brutus
Re: 5 weeks of diarhea
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2013, 03:19:08 PM »
Have you tried switching his food? Maybe you got a bag bag. I also have had some success with a couple of tablespoons of canned pumpkin (just pumpkin not pie filling) added to food to help firm up stools but in those cases there wasn't any underlying medical issues that I was aware of and the time frame wasn't as long. Hope Frank feels better soon :( 
Joy

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

My bulldog is an Auburn Tiger!

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~