Author Topic: Bubba broke his lower canine  (Read 6047 times)

Offline rustymaggie

• Super Bullie
  • Bullieness: 51
    • THE BREAST CANCER SITE
Bubba broke his lower canine
« on: November 18, 2014, 07:22:21 PM »
Bubba has either worn down, or broken, or both his right lower canine.  It has not bothered him(I noticed it a couple of weeks ago and have been constantly checking it). It appeared to be just the point,or tip of it. It has since gotten worse and we have noticed the tip of it getting darker with a visible circle on the top. Yesterday morning we decided we were taking him to the vet, but they had no openings. So yesterday evening he began drooling profusely. As soon as our vet opened we had him there. Doc gave him tramadol for the pain and scheduled him for an extraction thursday morning. My question is, has anyone ever had to go through this procedure? Doc advised me that it is quite involved due to the lenght of the root on the canine along with the shape of a bullies mouth. We are very worried by all of this especially considering he is ready to turn 8 on the 27th of this month. Other than his upcoming surgery, he has been extremely healthy and fit. We are curious how this will affect his mouth and ability to eat and play
Brian,Denise, and Patricia
And don't forget our "OWNERS" Bubba, Dozer, and Tank............and never forget Our WONDERFUL baby girl Maggie, and Rusty, Ivan The Terrible, and Bones, ALWAYS IN OUR HEARTS)

Offline Pudgy

• Bullie Lord
  • Bullieness: 62
  • I love Bullies!
Re: Bubba broke his lower canine
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2015, 10:15:05 PM »
How is Bubba doing?  The site has been down the last few times I've checked, so sorry for the late reply.  Did they end up removing the tooth?  I hope he's doing well!
Heidi
Two girls, Kayla and Fiona
RIP Pudgy

Offline rustymaggie

• Super Bullie
    • THE BREAST CANCER SITE
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 05:36:32 AM »
All went well. We just love our vet, and sometimes wish he was a doc for humans. Bubba had jis surgery. It took 5 hours, two vets,and three vet techs to do the procedure. The reason for that, is that the bulldog canine root is twice as long as the part of the tooth you can actually see and curved. They had to remove two of his front teeth to get it out. He was sooooooooo pitiful. He spent the next two days drooling spit and a little blood. He was in quite a bit of pain and was on pain pills and antibiotics for about ten days. The hole where the surgery was done took about 15-20 days to heal completely. Now other than losing his smile (now he has the "Elvis" smile as we call it) he is back to his old self. It took a while for him to get used to not having those teeth, and food and water still spill out of that side on occasion. We were amazed at how long his tooth was. It was close to two inches long, and the front teeth were very small of course. About three weeks ago, I was cleaning the house and came across another tooth and began freaking out. Dozer lost his upper canine on the same side. It appears to have just came out. It was not broken, and there was no blood and no obvious pain.
And don't forget our "OWNERS" Bubba, Dozer, and Tank............and never forget Our WONDERFUL baby girl Maggie, and Rusty, Ivan The Terrible, and Bones, ALWAYS IN OUR HEARTS)

Offline Pudgy

• Bullie Lord
  • Bullieness: 62
  • I love Bullies!
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2015, 10:04:30 AM »
Wow, that is a very long tooth!  I'm glad the surgery went well and that he is recovered!  I'm sure it was quite scary for the both of you.  And I know Bubba is probably just as cute with his elvis smile!  So glad to hear he's going great.  :)  Sending well wishes!
Heidi
Two girls, Kayla and Fiona
RIP Pudgy

Offline rustymaggie

• Super Bullie
    • THE BREAST CANCER SITE