Author Topic: In Memory of Sophie  (Read 40 times)

Offline AlabamDeb

• Bullie Puppy
  • Bullieness: 6
In Memory of Sophie
« on: December 07, 2017, 01:00:01 PM »
It's been many years since I've visited this board.  I'm sad to say my beloved Sophie crossed the rainbow bridge on Friday, November 17, 2017.  10 years, 2 months, and 21 days is how long we were blessed with that precious soul.  It's been almost 3 weeks now and the initial pain has subsided a bit.  Our sweet vet came to the house and administered the drug that would forever release Sophie from her pain, but start us on our's.  She died with her head in my lap and me rubbing her ears and telling her I loved her with a smile on my face.  I made sure not to cry until she was gone.  We knew she was getting old...she was around a year old when we first adopted her, plus the 10+ years she'd been with us.  She had a good life, we made sure of that.  Her last day was filled with everything she loved...a long ride on the side-by-side, all the junk food she ever wanted but was denied (chocolate chip cookies, Doritos, etc.) and all the cuddling she wanted.  I'm so grateful for the time we had with her.  She was the best friend and companion we could have ever asked for.  We loved her SO much.  My husband and I feel a little guilty because we have grieved over her more than the humans we've lost, but she was just that much a part of our family.

We will never forget you, Sophie!  Run free now, sweet girl!  Mom & Dad love you, Boo-Boo!