Bulldogs are very inquistive and due to their lack of a snout they tend shove thier faces into the things they investigate. This leaves them susceptible to a bee or wasp sting. A single bee sting is generally not too serious (aside from the pain it will cause), but being stung multiple times can be deadly. However if the single sting is in the mouth or around the nose, there is much more danger. Knowing what to do if your Bulldog is stung by a bee or wasp is very important.
Also in the southeastern United States, fire ants can pose a similar risk. If your Bulldog disturbs a colony of these ants, it is possible that she will suffer a large number of bites to the face. The danger of swelling and airway obstruction is very real.
What do I do immediately?
Note: This document is provided for information purposes only. Lord Goliath's Bulldog Domain does not guarantee the veracity of this information. Under no circumstances should this information replace the advice of your verterinarian.